No Cost Accidental Death Insurance
ADD No Cost Header Banner
ADD No Cost Product Overview
Accidental Death No Cost Insurance
About Accidental Death Insurance
Losing a loved one is not only a personal loss but a financial one as well. Accidental Death Insurance provides coverage if you die as a result of a covered accident. This coverage is guaranteed acceptance and is available to union members for less than you may think.
NO-COST TO YOU ACCIDENTAL DEATH INSURANCE FOR UNION MEMBERS
Enroll today to receive up to $20,000 in Accidental Death Insurance.
There's no charge or commitment required for you to receive this coverage:
- $10,000 of coverage for death due to any type of covered accident at home, at work or while commuting or traveling elsewhere in the world.
- PLUS $10,000 of additional coverage against accidental death from a covered accident at your workplace.
NO COST INSURANCE ELIGIBILITY:
- Union members ages 18 and over, who reside in the United States.
Union Plus Accidental Death Plan
You'll be covered worldwide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year…commuting, shopping, at home, work, school, or play.
Already have accident insurance? This Accidental Death insurance plan will pay your benefits regardless of any other insurance you may already have.
- Guaranteed to be issued - no health questions, no medical exam, and no exclusions based on pre-existing conditions.
As a reminder - Union Members will need to re-enroll in the Enhanced coverage one year to the date the No Cost coverage expires. For more information on the Enhanced Union Plus Accidental Death and Dismemberment Plan, please go to https://www.unionplusinsurance.com/accidental-death-and-dismemberment-insurance
IS IT MANDATORY TO NAME A BENEFICIARY?
No. If no beneficiary is named, death benefits owed will be paid to the deceased's estate.
CAN THERE BE MORE THAN ONE BENEFICIARY?
CAN BENEFICIARIES BE CHANGED?
Beneficiaries may be changed at any time by calling 1-800-393-0864.
60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Upon enrollment into this insurance plan, you'll receive a Certificate of Insurance. You have up to 60 days from the Effective Date to review your Certificate of Insurance without any obligation. If you do not like what you see, simply return the Certificate of Insurance within that time frame.
Coverage is effective the first day of the month following receipt of the enrollment form.This date appears on the certificate you will receive by mail.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information on the Enhanced Union Plus Accidental Death and Dismemberment Plan, please go to https://www.unionplusinsurance.com/accidental-death-and-dismemberment-insurance
WHAT DOES "INJURY" MEAN?
Injury means bodily injury resulting directly from an accident and independent of all other causes. Loss resulting from sickness or disease, or medical or surgical treatment of a sickness or disease, is not covered. The accident must occur while you are covered under the policy.
HOW IS ACCIDENTAL DEATH COVERAGE DIFFERENT FROM LIFE INSURANCE?
While life insurance typically provides benefits to an individual's family no matter how a death occurs, accidental death coverage provides benefits to victims and their family only in the case of an accident - for example, a car accident or a work accident. It does not provide benefits, for instance, for individuals who die naturally or due to an illness.
DOES THE NO-COST TO YOU COVERAGE PAY IN ADDITION TO THE ENHANCED COVERAGE?
Yes, if you are enrolled in the no-cost to you coverage and the Enhanced coverage at the time of the fatal accident, the beneficiary will receive benefits from both coverages.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR GETTING THE PREMIUM WAIVED?
The insured must provide written proof of strike or lock out before wavier of premium begins. It can be a note from the union or a note from the insured within 30 days of a newspaper article, verifying the sanctioned strike or lock out.
Accidental Death Insurance Terms & Conditions
EXCLUSIONS: THE POLICY DOES NOT COVER ANY LOSS CAUSED OR CONTRIBUTED BY:
- intentionally self-inflicted Injury, suicide or attempted suicide, whether sane or insane;
- war or act of war, whether declared or not;
- Injury sustained while On any aircraft except a Civil or Public Aircraft, or Military Transport Aircraft;
- Injury sustained while On any aircraft: a) as a pilot, flight instructor or examiner-except while performing the duties of a pilot or crew member of a commercial aircraft; b) if it is owned, operated or leased by or on behalf of the Policyholder, or any employer or organization whose eligible persons are covered under the policy;
- Injury sustained while taking drugs, including but not limited to sedatives, narcotics, barbiturates, amphetamines, or hallucinogens, unless as prescribed by or administered by a Physician;
- Injury sustained while committing or attempting to commit a felony; or
- Injury sustained while Intoxicated. Intoxicated means: 1) the blood alcohol content; 2) the results of other means of testing blood alcohol level; or 3) the results of other means of testing other substances; that meet or exceed the legal presumption of intoxication, or under the influence, under the law of the state where the accident occurred.
No-Cost Termination: Your coverage as an Insured Person terminates on the earlier of: a) the date the policy is terminated; or b) the date You cease to be a resident of the United States; c) the date the Policyholder terminates coverage under the Basic Plan or ceases to pay the required premium; or d) on the date you have been covered for twelve months.
Policyholder: AFL-CIO Mutual Benefit Fund. Form 7582 A2 (9920). In CA: Association Group Insurance Administrators, License #0155705. J. Christopher Burke CA Insurance License #0F709407. J. Christopher Burke AR Insurance License #8876308.
A.G.I.A., Inc. is the Plan Administrator that administers the insurance plan on behalf of the Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company for the benefit of the Group Policyholder.
Union Privilege is compensated for the placement of insurance and for the services it provides to customers on behalf of the insurance company, in addition to other compensation it may receive.
This is a participating group policy under which dividends and/or experience credits may be paid to the group policyholder.
This web site explains the general purpose of the insurance described, but in no way changes or affects the Master Policy (ADD-9920) as actually issued. In the event of a discrepancy between this web site and the policy, the terms of the policy apply. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. Policies underwritten by Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company detail exclusions, limitations, reduction of benefits and terms under which the policies may be continued in full or discontinued. Complete details are in the Certificate of Insurance issued to each insured individual and the Master Policy issued to the policyholder. Benefits may vary and this program may not be available to residents of all states or in all unions.
AGIA is a member of the Better Business Bureau
ADD No Cost Getting Started
THIS IS LIMITED ACCIDENT ONLY COVERAGE
Underwritten by Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company, Hartford, CT 06155
Policy # ADD-9920
May not be available in all states.
Accident Form Series includes 7582, PA-5427, or state equivalent.